Let’s talk about ‘effectiveness.’ As a small business owner you are investing time, energy, and even money to get people to come to your website with the hopes that some will ‘convert’ into customers. The more effective your website is at converting visitors into customers the happier you will be right?
Check Out These 7 Conversion-Boosting Tips that Will Make You More Money in 2015
Everyone wants better conversions. It’s a necessity to stay in business, so the science of conversion optimization is taking on greater importance and more small business owners are paying attention to it.
Even the slightest adjustment to your website can increase or decrease conversions, so you’ll want to pay attention to this and work to get really good at this!
For now though we will look at 7 tips for improving conversions to get you started down the road to more website conversions and more profits!
7 Conversion-Boosting Tips for significantly better conversions
1. Don’t give a lot of options – Its been said that “the confused mind makes no choice.” One of the most sure-fire ways to get people to get confused on your website and hit the back button is to have an excessive amount of information. In the same way, even showing too many choices can freeze potential customers into inaction, and so lose the sale.
2. Test it all – Ideally you should have Google Analytics installed on your website. If you are selling on your website you should be split-testing every element of sales pages, as this is where you make your money. A single word misplaced can be the difference between a sale or nothing. Even if you are not ‘selling’ on your website directly you are selling the website visitor to call you or fill out a web form to contact you. If you can improve your contacts over time that will translate into more money.
3. Know your colors – Colors evoke emotions, and if yours are creating a message in opposition to your sales message, you’ve got a problem. Make sure you understand the science of colors as they apply to sales.
4. Videos and images are powerful – The brain processes visual media 60,000 times faster than textual data. Not just any images and videos will do however, as you still need to test these as well. If you have high quality video I would strongly recommend using it.
5. Take care with your calls to action – Don’t use the stock buttons everyone else does. Make sure you test the shape, wording, placement and colors of your calls to action and buy buttons. As a small business owner your phone number should absolutely be displayed on the top right hand side of your website. Make it EASY for your website visitors to find your phone number and don’t make them hunt for it. This one fix alone can deliver more conversions for you.
6. Take away unneeded navigation – Think about the purpose of your website for a second. If you’re like most small business owners you likely either want someone to pick up their phone and call you or fill out a contact form. Don’t give your prospect the opportunity to be distracted from the action you want them to take. By structuring your site in a way that makes it easy for the site visitors to take the action that you want you’ll see more conversions.
7. Don’t go with your gut – Trust the data, not your emotions. Many is the time small business owners have fallen in love with text or visuals that turned out to be totally wrong. Let your testing show you what works!
There you have it, 7 conversion-boosting tips to help you make more money in 2015.
To your success,
PS – If you’re wondering how your website stacks up in the conversion department fill this out and I will take a look for you – Click Here To Submit Your Website for Review