Today I want to share a pretty cool Free Resource that will help you in maintaining your online reputation for your New Hampshire Business. If you are concerned about the competitors in your local area “talking smack” about you online or even gaining an edge over you in the local search engine rankings, I have just the think for that. (and did I mention it is 100% Free?)
Allow me to Introduce you to ‘Google Alerts.’
Here is what Google Alerts is in a Nut Shell: You can have Google send you email notifications whenever somebody on the Web mentions a certain word or phrase on a website about your New Hampshire Business.
The great thing about this handy little tool is that its 100 Free!
Even better its really easy to set up (can you say, “Done in 30 seconds or less?”)
Here is where you can find it:
1. Go to www.Google.com and type “Google Alerts” – or go to directly to http://www.google.com/alerts
3 Simple Ideas On How You Can Use Google Alerts:
1. Let’s say you run John Doe’s Carpet Cleaners, and you suspect your local competitors are posting fake negative reviews of you and causing you to lose potential customers. You can tell Google to send you an email alert any time “John Doe’s Carpet Cleaners” (or whatever your company is) is mentioned anywhere on the web.
2. You can monitor anything you’d like, and as closely as you’d like. If you want to set up a basic alert for your business name and website URL right now, you can do so in about 30 seconds at http://www.google.com/alerts
3. You can monitor “Keywords” phrases such as “Concord NH Carpet Cleaner” to see what’s showing up when your potential customers are searching for keyword terms related to your business.
4. Spy on Your Competition Idea #1 – You can set up a Google Alert to see what’s published about or by your competitors.
5. Spy on Your Competition Idea #2: – Set up an Alert to see when your competitors receive “citations,” and from which sites
6. Spy on Your Competition Idea #3 – When your competitors receive links from other sites to their site – this is helpful in ensuring your Search Engine Optimization results stay above your competitors.
There you have it, a few simple ideas to use Google Alerts for your business.
To your success,
NH Strategic Marketing