Are your email open rates a source of embarrassment? Acting to improve them is a lot easier to accomplish than you might think. According to Epsilon.com, email open rates sport an industry average of around 27.4 percent, with wide variances for markets. Understanding your email open rates and ways to improve them should be high on your to-do list!
Toward that end, listed below are 10 top tips for boosting your email open rates.
- Write something you would read – Creating terrific content is undoubtedly the simplest way to get your email opened and read.
- Length & timing – We’re all busy, and lengthy emails that ramble and fail to get to the point are rarely looked forward to. Likewise, not using optimum sending times doesn’t help.
- Use your subject line wisely – Here is the single biggest element that influences whether or not your email gets opened. Make time to craft great, non-spammy subject lines.
- Use your first line effectively – Closely related is the first line, part of which is visible in their inbox. This too is valuable real estate, and don’t permit yours to be filled with stuff like “If you don’t see any images in this message click here”.
- Address their needs and concerns – Solve problems and offer solutions.
- Offer great deals and savings – Everyone likes to save a little and your email is an excellent platform to pass on any deals or specials your company is offering.
- Be the authority – We always have things to learn, and if you can position yourself as somebody who offers something worthwhile for your readers, your open rates will flourish.
- Be entertaining – Don’t be StatMan. Don’t be scared to inject humor, wit, and a little debate on occasion.
- Is your From line recognizable? – Make certain this is the person or company you want to brand, as this builds trust over time.
- Be sure and resend your unopened email – Very easy to do, resending your unopened email is a simple way to boost your open rates.