Hey NH Small Business Owners: You’re Using LinkedIn, Right?
LinkedIn is the Rodney Dangerfield of social media: in spite of 200 million highly influential subscribers, it gets no respect. Even though it is consistently ranked among the social giants Facebook and Twitter, it doesn’t seem to get as much buzz in the mainstream media. But as a tool for marketing your business, it has a huge edge over its more popular peers. Because unlike Facebook and Twitter, which often swap cat photos, inane one-liners and political rants from loco uncles, LinkedIn is all business.
How smart New Hampshire Small Businesses are using LinkedIn
There are 1.3 million small-business owners in the network. How are they using it? What kind of benefits do they see? Read about a few:
- Sharing wins: Promoting your successes is just good marketing. It makes you look good to potential customers. With 2 million C-level executives utilizing the site, you might find yourself with some influential new friends.
- Getting referrals: LinkedIn makes it easy to get peer and client endorsements for the work you are doing. Best part? When someone endorses you or writes a testimonial, everyone within your network sees it in his or her activity feed. This type of social proof is the BEST way to get new customers.
- Finding new talent: Growing? LinkedIn is a great place—scratch that, it’s the BEST place—to locate new A players to include in your roster. It’s the single largest directory of working professionals on the internet.
- Promoting events: LinkedIn’s event feature is a game changer! It’s never been easier to spread your message and boost attendance for upcoming events. You can even use their service directory to find a caterer for your gathering. Simple.
- Boosting website traffic: A little-known secret about LinkedIn is that it’s very influential with Google; if you have a presence on LinkedIn, you’re apt to see a jump in search engine visibility, too. More clicks = more buyers!
- Getting answers: LinkedIn is a goldmine for information on running a successful business. You can uncover great advice from some of the savviest business minds in the world in LinkedIn Answers and Groups. There are over 2000 groups devoted to small-business-related topics.
- Finding investors, vendors and partners: It’s a networker’s paradise. Whether you want some capital, a new accounting firm, or a business partner, you’re not going to find a better resource than LinkedIn.
We’re just scratching the surface here, folks. The benefits don’t end there. Stop by LinkedIn, set up a page for your business and find out for yourself. Here is the link to our LinkedIn Business page. We recommend that you try it out for your New Hampshire Small Business!
I realize your time is limited, but trust me, it’s worth it.
To your success,