In this premier episode of the ‘In The Trenches Small Business Marketing Podcast’ I share a short interview with Charlie Cole, owner of Cole Gardens in Concord, NH.
I recently was having a business meeting at True Brew Barista and the owner came up to me, handed me a little gift envelope, letting me know that Charlie from Cole Gardens bought my Coffee for me that day.
It was a very cool and innovative marketing idea so I reached out to Charlie to say Thank You and to ask him how this simple but powerful strategy was working for him.
Listen to this episode below…
In this episode:
- Find out how this “Free Coffee” marketing strategy worked for Charlie (and how you could do something similar for your business).
- How Charlie negotiated a win-win deal with the True Brew Barista team
- Discover the interesting tactic Charlie uses to promote Cole Gardens even though they are in their “off season”
- Hear Charlie’s advice to his fellow small business owners on how to grow their business with low-cost marketing tactics…
Learn more about Charlie Cole and Cole Gardens at the link below.
Charlie Cole from Cole Gardens
True Brew Barista
Hit the play button below to listen to this Episode of the “In The Trenches Small Business Marketing” Podcast.
To your success,
PS – If you liked this episode please leave a positive Rating and Review on Itunes – I’d appreciate it.
PPS – Have a question you want answered or a future episode topic suggestion – hit me up here
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
If you have ever ‘Googled’ your business name, saw a low star rating due to negative online reviews, you may be wondering what to do if you have a bad online reputation. In this post I’ll share a couple steps you can take towards repairing your online reputation.
Did you know that 94% of new customers use search engines to find local businesses like yours? In today’s day and age, people want to see what others have said about your business BEFORE they do business with you.
70% believe in them like they would a recommendation from a trusted friend. The fact is that consumers believe that online reviews are important and do matter so if you have a bad online reputation it could be costing your business a lot of money.
Here is some incentive to improve your online reputation…
A One-Star increase in Yelp rating leads to a 5-9% increase in revenue…
If you have bad online reviews its time to get this fixed. Multiple studies and real-world results have shown that increasing your star rating will help your business get more website traffic, more phone calls, and make more money. A bad online reputation is repaired through a process called online reputation management.
If you have a poor online reputation, here is a 2 steps you can take towards fixing it:
- Face it. If something negative appears about your business on a Review website like Google, Yelp, or an industry specific site like Houzz (Contractor) or Avvo (Lawyer) addressing it directly will allow you to take control of the conversation and turn negative content into positive content. By responding to negative reviews with patience, understanding, respect and avoiding getting into a verbal fist fight you will show other people who WILL read this review that you do care about your customers (and you may just turn that unhappy customer into a raving fan).
- Bury it. If unhappy customers have posted negative content on a Review sites unfortunately just deleting it isn’t an option. Getting a steady stream of great reviews from happy customers will help to bury the bad reviews and improve the overall star rating of your business.
What To Do To Fix Your Online Reputation
Remember, a small improvement in your online reputation can make a big difference in how many people choose to call your business over one of your competitors. I have a short training that can help you if you are suffering from a bad online reputation.
To see my video that will teach you in depth about the importance of your online reputation and how to get it fixed click here.
I’d be happy to help you.