Although most business owners will move heaven and earth to optimize the smallest of details on their websites, getting them to pay the same amount of attention to Google AdWords landing page optimization is a tall task indeed. And yet these are the same people that will wonder aloud why their landing pages don’t convert as well as they think they should.
There are some definite best practices you’ll need to make sure you are following to get the best results you can. Let’s have a look at 5 of these, and see if you can’t improve the performance of your landing pages!
5 Tips for optimizing your Google AdWords landing pages
1. Employ Responsive Design for your pages – Make the effort to ensure that your Google AdWords Landing pages are mobile ready, and render well on all devices and formats. Having a responsive site is essential in today’s mobile-first environment, as more than half of all search now emanates from a mobile platform of some sort.
2. Write great headlines – This is your first, and in many cases only chance to hook your visitors into reading on and absorbing your offer. Studies are showing that you have less than 5 seconds to make this connection, or they are gone. Study how to create awesome headlines, and test several.
3. Create crystal-clear Calls to Action – Leave no doubt about what you want your readers to do. Not only lead them there; tell them exactly! Buy Now! Click Here! Download your free report! Don’t leave your intentions or their next step to their imagination.
4. Use social proof – People are given to following the crowd, so if you have testimonials, reviews or product endorsements by all means find a way to get some of these in front of your audience. Your conversions will improve if you do.
5. Split Test everything – Many people don’t test simply because they think they don’t have the time. This is wrong-headed. Would you rather have fewer sales? This is the alternative to testing. A simple A/B test on the important elements of your landing page can do wonders for your conversion rates!
There you have it my friend – 5 ways to ensure your Google AdWords landing pages are optimized for the best results.
To your success,