Are You Working on Your Online Reputation Every Day?
If you’re not you should be.
Simply because of the nature of Google, in that it’s all about having the latest news and reviews, it’s not unusual to find disagreeable entries which have staying power near the top of the search results for your company.
There are things you can do on a daily basis to minimize the effects of these events, and we’ve complied a handy list you can use every day to help manage your online reputation!
6 Ways to benefit your online reputation daily!
- Monitor and Keep an Eye on Your Reputation – The Web is a gigantic place, and you ought to be monitoring what is said about you and your company. Accomplishing this on your own is a time consuming task, so make sure you use some of the excellent tools available for finding what’s being said about you. Some of these are Google Alerts, Mention, and Topsy, among many.
- Ask Your Customers and Clients For Reviews – Ask your best customers to help you out by making positive reviews for you. Doing this on a regular basis helps push any negatives further down the search results where they won’t be found. You can’t completely prevent a bad review from time to time but you can have an abundance of great reviews from your happy customers and clients.
- Be Nice – It should go without saying that if you are being less than gracious in your dealings with your public, it will come back to bite you where, well, you know where. Be nice, even when it hurts!
- Search Google – Make regular searches of Google for name, product and keyword mentions related to your company. Being proactive in this regard will definitely pay dividends! Also, don’t neglect to look at Google Images for product images tied to reviews. I recommend doing a Google search for your name and your business name right now to see how your online reputation is looking. Are there bad reviews right on the front page of Google?
- Add positive content – Make it a practice to add new, positive content that will offset negative entries. You can accomplish this with guest posts or content on popular Web 2.0 sites like Google +, Facebook, Tumblr and Squidoo. Also, regular Blogging, submitting Press Releases on online Press Release sites, and even creating a You Tube video can help further improve your First page presence.
- Link out to positive mentions – Make sure and link out to positive reviews of your site. This serves two purposes: outgoing authority links in addition to highlighting your content in Google or even Yelp.
It’s no party maintaining your online reputation. But in this day and age where one can be trashed in an instant, it’s absolutely necessary! Remember that doing this will also help other consumers researching you and your competitors to choose you. In short it will help you attract more new customers.
If you want a free analysis of your Online Reputation contact me, request a free reputation analysis, and I’ll let you know where your online reputation stands.
To your success,
NH Strategic Marketing