“Help My Business Is Showing As Permanently Closed In Google” – That is what my former client told me this morning on the phone. The story is this: Over a year ago he sold his business to a bigger company who showed up with a check. Long story short, a year later he has gone back into business because his old clients loved and missed him.
So he started up his business again at a new address, with a new phone number, BUT he had a problem. A problem his new clientele kept asking him about.
The problem was that his business showed as “Permanently Closed” in Google
His Google Business page showed him as Out of Business and Permanently Closed. Here is a screen shot I took today of what his page looked like. Notice the big red bar that shows permanently closed. Yeah, that is a customer deterrent for sure.
Keep reading to see why that is such a big issue…
Here’s Why Having Inaccurate Google Business Listing Information Is Such A Big Issue
Did you know that 9 out of 10 people will Google your business name BEFORE they contact you? It is a true statement. You see no matter how people hear about your business (a referral from a friend, an online ad, seeing you in a local search) 9 out of 10 people will Google you to check out your online presence.
Just What Are Your Prospective Customers Looking For When They Google Your Business Name?
In short, here is what they want to see:
- That you are online – if you don’t have ANY online presence that immediately makes people skeptical
- The word on the street about your business – What other people are saying about you and your business (Reviews on Google, reviews on other sites like Yelp, Trip Advisor, Houzz, and more)
- You Have a Website – That you have a Website, that it looks good and not like a ‘virtual dump’ (Digital Curb appeal is a real thing. Does your website look like a run down shack or a nice shiny house that is warm, inviting, and a place you would actually want to visit?) . This graphic says it all….
- Mobile Friendly – I should add that it is also critically important that you think “Mobile First” with your online presence. Your website must not only look good but be Mobile Friendly (look at your business website on a smart phone. Does your site look good on your mobile device? Is it easy to find the phone number? Is it ‘click to call’? Is it easy to find hours and contact info? This is what most people want when they look for your business on a mobile device. Make sure you are giving them the info they need in a mobile friendly way.
- That your business isn’t marked as Permanently Closed – This should be obvious but hey, it is not the first time I have seen this. Google your business name to see how you show up.
How We Solved The “Permanently Closed” Issue For Him
- We did some research and confirmed the problems (his Google business page showed as closed, he had inaccurate business listing information that conflicted with his true and accurate business listing information).
- We helped him reclaim his Google business page which was showing as Permanently Closed
- We helped him update his Citation Listings. There are hundreds of website on the Internet called Citation Listings (or directory sites). We offer a service that goes out to the hundreds of directory sites and updates his N.A.P. information (Name, Address, and Phone Number).
Here is a video I shot for you walking you through this Permanently Closed issue and how we fixed it for him.
If you have an issue with your Google Business information or Online Presence let’s have a chat. To reach out to me click here.
To your success,