Everyone’s got to start somewhere, and social media is just too big an ocean of people not to dip your toe into. Rather than allowing yourself to feel overwhelmed, have a look at these 15 social media tips here and see if they don’t help you get out of the starting gate and on your way to a lively, effective social media presence.
15 Beneficial Social Media Tips
1. Use images in your posts – This is an excellent way to keep people interested in what you have to offer.
2. Don’t be a ghost – Make sure you show up. The once a month poster isn’t going to gain or keep any traction in any way.
3. Respond – Spend time to reply to all of the comments you receive from others. This will help you connect with your target audience.
4. Avoid overselling – Don’t try too hard to sell your products and services. People don’t like pushy salespeople.
5. Be careful when using hashtags – While you should use them to increase user engagement, using too many can be detrimental.
6. Stay relevant – Straying too far off topic from your audience’s interests never works out well. If you have something else to share, find the proper forum.
7. Don’t kick back – Don’t respond negatively to bad feedback. You will NEVER win at this! Make sure to respond and stay professional.
8. Don’t get too verbose! – Long messages tend to make readers head for the exits.
9. Respond to comments – Whatever you do don’t disable comments. Instead engage here and show them you value their contribution.
10. Use tools – Scheduling posts with tools can help you manage your posting more effectively, especially if you need to be absent. Think Hootsuite, Buffer and a few others.
11. Be visual – Post videos and other graphic content as much as you are able. These get far more engagement and get shared much more than mere text.
12. Focus your efforts – Pick a few social media platforms to concentrate on and do those well, rather than spreading yourself too thin attempting to hit everyone. Consider the majors like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
13. Mix it up – Post varied types of content so as to keep things interesting. Post, videos, memes, product reviews, testimonials and more.
14. Be generous – Offer exclusive deals to your audience and encourage them to share with friends. This is one the best uses of social media.
15. Keep it light – Don’t forget this can be fun! Don’t hesitate to be a little edgy, and not so PC!