Here’s how Google+ can supercharge your content strategy for your small business
Google+ has thus far not been taken overly serious by businesses looking to promote their products and services. This is swiftly changing! Google+ has positioned itself nicely to challenge Facebook as a primary social network for business. Websites using the +1 Button increase page traffic by 350%, and over 925,000 people join Google+ each day! Combine all of the functionality of your Google account, and massive search engine benefits, you’ve got something we can get excited about.
How to employ your Google+ Local listing
Confused on how to use Google+? Don’t fret – use these for starters!
- Your Google+ profile – Complete it. Do this with thought. Be sure you use engaging photos and images, and link out to your other social media profiles.
- List your key information – In particular hours of operation, contact details, as well as maps and directions.
- Link to your blog or site – Make sure you link to your primary business blog or site. This will provide added traffic plus a great backlink.
- Create a business page – Showcase your business where it counts. This has direct benefits for search engine results and for people that find you on Google+.
- Link to your other material – Link out to your blog posts. Along with having them indexed nearly instantly, this has a number of SEO advantages. You can even use your Google+ page for making posts, including multimedia that can link to your pages elsewhere. The possibilities are incredible.
- Utilize Direct Connect – Utilize this feature in Google+ to let visitors to add you to circles whenever they find you in search. Think of this as a Facebook “Like”.
- Use video chat in Google+ Hangouts – When you hold a video chat, Google+ streams it, records it, and sends you the recording via email. You can then upload to YouTube if you wish, or use it on your website or privately. One fantastic technique to use these is to create impromptu product demos.
This barely scratches the surface of what’s possible with Google+.
Here is some additional explanation right from the people at Google about what Google + Local is all about and how it can help your NH business:
- Get found on Google free of charge – 97% of consumers search for local businesses online. Be there when they’re looking for you with Google Places for business – a free local platform from Google.
- Help your business stand out – Add photos, update your address and hours, or promote your business with Ads. Places for Business lets you make the most of your listing and show customers why they’ll want to choose you.
- Connect with your customers – Being on Google helps people find, share, rate, and recommend your business to their friends, and people across the web. Places for Business lets you see what people are saying, and respond to customer reviews.
To your business success,