When I was growing up, my Mom would always do a thorough Spring Cleaning of the house. The result would always be a super-clean house ready for summer! Spring Cleaning for your business is a good idea too and these 8 tips should help you Market Your Business Online:
- Change copyright date on bottom of your website – If your copyright on the Bottom of your page stills says 2013 (or worse 2008) then its probably time to fix that up. ;-)
- Check your links – This goes well beyond your main site and extends into emails, newsletters, and other marketing collateral. Dead links = Broken Windows in your business. The inevitable shifts in page structures and URLs can send people to page-not-found messages. Find the errors before your customers find them.
- Update Copy on your website – Your Website is the ‘Digital Front Door’ to your business but is it up to date and still accurate? I recommend doing a walk-through of every page of your website and seeing what needs to be updated. Update your wording.
- Fix up your Google + Business Page – This is a powerful way to help Market Your Business Online. This page is a critically important page and most business owners don’t realize just how much traffic it gets. You should be able to find your Google + page by Googling your business name. Look under your website for the Google + link – that’s what you need to claim and optimize. We can help you with this FYI – just contact us and we can fix that and your local citation listings.
- Set up Google Analytics – If you haven’t installed Google Analytics into your Website then you’re leaving important data on the table. See how people come to your site, where they head, and what tends to be the last thing they see before leaving.
- Do some Customer analysis – It’s good to have customers, but not all of them will have the same value to you. Run an analysis to see which of them have the best lifetime customer value, which have been the heavy spenders of late, and, most importantly, which ones are expensive to maintain. Also, look into which services you sell are the most profitable. This may change your overall marketing strategy.
- Evaluate cross selling and add-on tactics – One way to make more money you’re your business is to Upsell and Cross sell your products and services to customers. Suggesting additional products, either directly connected to what people buy or others that are related or complementary, is important in sales. Now is a great time to revisit your choices and the effectiveness they had with customers. Are there untapped opportunities you can test implementing in your sales process and customer communications?
- Examine Your Advertising Strategy – This is a REALLY important one. If you are spending time or money on ANY marketing and advertising strategies now is a great time to examine the effectiveness of those methods. Are you able to track results back to each advertising method? What’s working? What’s not working? Should certain outdated methods be dropped? Should that advertising investment be re-allocated to another advertising method that is more effective?If you are investing in methods like Yellow Page ads, ValPak, Televsion, Radio advertising, etc. I highly encourage you research how much business from each you can track back to it. I want to be clear. I am NOT against any form of advertising but I do think you need to track real results back to it. If you can’t you should seriously question whether you should keep doing it.
That’s why with our ‘Lead Driver System’ we track everything from the Google Ad click through rates to real Leads generated from the efforts so you can see clearly how its working to generate real business for you. 100% Clarity leads to better decision-making. If you want more leads it can be a simple matter of ‘turning up the intensity!’
If you would like to discuss a Google AdWords Lead Driver System for your business just contact us and we can set up a time to chat.
To your success,
NH Strategic Marketing