Good old Benjamin Franklin once said, “If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” Having at least a “back of the napkin” marketing plan together for your online efforts should be one of the first orders of the day for 2015.
Knowing which direction we’re headed is always a good idea, and with something as many-headed as an business, organization and a clear plan are a necessity.
But what do you need to include in your online marketing plan for 2015? What specific items or initiatives stand out as things that will drive your business to where you want it to go, and not merely stay stuck where you are now. Let’s take a look at 5 things you’ll want to consider when creating your 2015 online marketing plan.
5 Online Marketing Ideas to consider including in your 2015 marketing plan
1. Create a content marketing initiative – If one of your goals in 2015 is to create and post more content, and it really should be, know that doing so can help in many ways. Not only for the immediate benefits of new and fresh content for your web properties, but also providing you the ability to repurpose some of that into various forms, multiplying your efforts. One thing that is working VERY well are using Facebook ads to promote your content to your ideal target audience.
2. Get into video if you haven’t already – The Internet LOVES video. And if you have, get further involved! This is a visual Web, and people would rather watch than read, sad to say. But you need to give them what they want, so make sure video and visual content takes on a significant part in your 2015 plan. I will mention again, Facebook Video is working GREAT! Shooting a quick video with your Smartphone of a customer testimonial, teaching something about you business, and even sharing a funny moment at your business.
3. Invest in your Search Engine Optimization – If your site or content has SEO issues, and you aren’t ranking as highly as you would like in Google’s organic search results, perhaps it’s time to invest some time or money or both into improving your SEO. It will be money well spent. Showing up on the front page of Google for your key terms is money in bank so investigating a strategy to improve your SEO is a smart investment.
4. Find other sources of traffic – Make it your business to evaluate other forms of web traffic, and begin using them. Simply putting ALL your eggs into the Google basket has never been wise, and considering that there are many great traffic sources available, now is the time. Perhaps it’s time to finally get into paid traffic as well this year. Here are some different paid traffic source ideas:
- Google AdWords (the big daddy in the room)
- Facebook Ads (this is quickly becoming one of the most powerful advertising platforms on the planet
- Bing Ads – Bing is continuing to get more market share and can be a viable traffic source if you have Google AdWords nailed already
- You Tube Ads – You Tube is the world’s second biggest search engine and paying to have your videos put in front of your target audience can be powerful.
5. Build more products and diversify your line – Could this be the year you add a product or new service into your business? If so, this too will require lots of planning, and most certainly needs to a part of your annual plan, as it will require lots of time and resources to get this done.
Here’s What To Do Next: I recommend that you make Benjamin Franklin proud and devote 15 minutes to map out your plan for marketing your business for the rest of 2105. If you want some help Click Here
To your success,